My goal in life
I’m not sure if Plato actually said this but it is a fantastic quote nonetheless.
This flag (that’s the confederate flag for those that don’t know) is not racist.
Let me explain:
- Yes, the flag represented the South during the Civil War
- Yes, the South was on the wrong side of the war
- The South knows they were on the wrong side
- Southerners would laugh in your face if you suggested that they wanted to bring slavery back
- Now, the flag is just a representation of southern pride (non-related to the war)
Reasons someone would own a confederate flag:
- They’re a history buff who likes to collect Civil War items
- They’re from the South and proud of it
- They had ancestors in the Confederacy
- They do Civil War reenactments
There is nothing wrong with owning one of these flags. It means “I’m from the South and proud of it.” It no longer has any relation to slavery and, as it’s a flag, is not oppressing anyone.
To suggest otherwise is nothing but ignorance.
My dad is a big Civil War guy and he would agree with this.
Ok, I am an American by birth and a Southerner by the grace of God. The Civil War wasn’t just about slaves, it was about the North come down to the South and telling us what to do and how to live our lives. I am proud of my heritage,to be a Southerner and of our flag, yes the Confederate Flag. I am no raciest, there are good and bad in all races, but No One is going to tell me that I can not fly or display my Confederate Flag, if they try the South shall indeed rise again… God Bless America and the Confederate States of America!!!
im gonna cry.
this was wild from start to finish